In this course, we learn the basics of JPA and understand how it compares with the earlier attempts of persistence frameworks used to store data to database.
- How does it compare to JDBC?
- How does it compare to Spring JDBC?
We will understand the basic concepts of JPA
We will create a Spring Boot project with Spring Initializr and create an Entity and Repository to get a big picture of JPA, Spring Data and Spring Data JPA.
JPA and Hibernate in 10 Steps with H2
- Step 1 : Object Relational Impedence Mismatch - Understanding the problem that JPA solves
- Step 2 : World before JPA - JDBC, Spring JDBC and myBatis
- Step 3 : Introduction to JPA
- Step 4 : Creating a JPA Project using Spring Initializr
- Step 5 : Defining a JPA Entity - User
- Step 6 : Defining a Service to manage the Entity - UserService and EntityManager
- Step 7 : Using a Command Line Runner to save the User to Database
- Step 8 : Magic of Spring Boot and In Memory Database H2
- Step 9 : Introduction to Spring Data JPA
- Step 10 : More JPA Repository : findById and findAll
in28Minutes is the world's leading course provider for Spring Framework with more than 100,000 students pursuing our courses on in28Minutes Platform(https://courses.in28minutes.com), Udemy and YouTube.
Brain child of Ranga Karanam, an Architect with 15 Years of Java programming and design with major banking clients across the world, we started in28Minutes with the aim to create Hands-on Courses with Real World Projects.
We use 80-20 Rule. We discuss 20% things used 80% of time in depth. We touch upon other things briefly equipping you with enough knowledge to find out more on your own.
We love open source and therefore, All our code is open source too and available on Github.
StartGithub Repo and More
StartStart Your Journey from SOAP to REST to Full Stack to Microservices to Cloud in 30 Minutes
StartFollow Ranga on LinkedIn for Technology Trends and Updates
StartStart with Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes and Microservices on YouTube!
StartMaster Hibernate and JPA with Spring Boot in 100 Steps
StartJoin our Best Selling Courses on Udemy - 350,000 Learners